Tuesday, February 28, 2012

French Bread Chicken Sandwich



This has quickly become one of my favorite sandwiches!  It's easy and unbelievably delicious.  I first tried it about a year ago when my daughter, Brinlee, was baptized.  We had the family over for lunch afterward and I needed something that would be easy, could be mostly prepared ahead of time, and tasted great.  I can't tell you how many times I've made this since that day. When I have a busy week, I almost always put this on the menu.

The best part about it is the chicken.  Slow cooked in chicken broth and Montreal Steak Seasoning, it is fall apart tender but has just a bit of spice.  Anytime I need cooked shredded chicken for a recipe I cook it this way.  It also freezes well.  I just drain the broth and pack it in a freezer bag so it's ready when I need it.

Like so many of the dishes here at Mommy's Menu, this can be customized to fit your tastes.  Don't like avocado?  Leave it off.  Love fresh mushrooms?  Slap some on top.  You can add just about anything you want and it will be delicious.

French Bread Chicken Sandwich
Serves about 8

3-4 chicken breasts
1 cans chicken broth
2 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Loaf of French Bread
Ranch Dressing
4 slices of bacon
1 Avocado sliced
1 Tomato sliced
1 cup shredded cheese

Combine the chicken, broth and Montreal Steak Seasoning in a slow cooker.  Cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is easy to shred.  Shred in the slow cooker to let it soak up the marinade.

Cut French bread loaf in half long way.   Spread Ranch dressing on both sides of the loaf, then add layers of chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado and cheese.
Bake at 375° for 10 minutes to melt the cheese, then broil it for another 2 minutes. Slice and serve.


Source:  Our Family Treat

1 comment:

  1. Sandwiches is always a way to go! I make it as you say when no time for anything else. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...